The CQA Institute is a non-profit organization dedicated to educating students interested in the investment management industry. By capturing the collective experience and insights of CQA members, the Institute can develop programs that will provide a unique learning experience. The goal is to provide an avenue for students who have a desire to go beyond what they learn in school and take advantage of the real world experience of accomplished investment professionals.
The CQA Institute offers an intensive, two-week course taught by investment industry professionals. The participants in the course will be highly-motivated undergraduate students interested in a career in investment management. The course will include a lecture series on key investment topics, “boot-camp” style training on critical technical skills, and a capstone project.
CQA Institute Advanced Investment Management (AIM)
The CQA Institute’s course in Advanced
Investment Management is a 2-week course that is taught by the experienced professionals who are CQA members. The course will include a series of topics taught by experts in the field.
Topics will include an overview of the industry, equity and fixed income research, asset
allocation, risk management, quantitative research, portfolio management, and
effective communication. Along with the keynote lectures and discussions, the course
will focus on hard-skills development in areas like programming,
risk models, and model development. The final project involves students working as a team to develop an investment strategy
that is presented to a panel of judges.
Who should participate?
The AIM course will be targeted to undergraduate students who have completed their Junior year. Applications will be accepted beginning in October of 2017. The initial class will be selected from the pool of qualified applicants. We expect there to be significant demand for the program, and those selected will be highly motivated students who are focused on attaining the skills to be successful in the investment industry. The course will be offered immediately after the Spring semester of 2018, beginning on May 20, 2018. The course will be held at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre PA. All room and board costs will be included in the program.
Why should a student participate in the AIM?
• An opportunity to get a comprehensive overview of the investment industry and learn about the many career possibilities available.
• Learn real-world, tangible skills on software platforms used by major firms.
• Develop critical “soft skills” necessary to succeed in the industry, such as effective presentation.
• Learn teamwork as you to develop and present a capstone investment strategy.
• Network with world-class investment professionals and motivated peers.
• Earn a resume credential that sets you apart and shows a comittment to a career in the field of investments.
• Have fun while enjoying a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Check out the CQA Institute website for more information: